Jodie

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

How does time go by so quicly

Let's see. Since the last time I posted, I almost died (literally), Myers reached one year, Bailey went to summer camp and lots of other things.
I took over a teen mom's support group last fall and was probably stretching myself a little thin between that, being a girl scout co-leader and just normal mom duties. I went to the doctor because I couldn't seem to get out of bed. They ran all sorts of tests trying to figure out what was wrong with me while I lost about 40 pounds (didn't mind that too much). Then on February 25, I woke up and couldn't talk I was in so much pain with a headache, so my husband made me go to the ER. They ran some tests and told me that I had meningitis so they admitted me. Two days later they said it turned out it wasn't meningitis, but by that point I had a nasty case of pneumonia and pleurisy. I spent 10 days total in the hospital and all they could figure out was that I was recovering from mono when I caught a nasty infection that would have killed me if I had not had adequate treatment (apparently it's bad when your oxygen levels drop below 70%). Who knew!! I am doing much better now, but it seems I still have some lung scarring from the infections.
Oh and we went to Disney world for a 3-day weekend, Myers turned 1, Bailey turned 6, and Bailey went to summer camp.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I'm so glad you didn't die!! I hope you just keep feeling better and better. How can it be that Bailey is 6? Time really does go by quickly. I'm glad you posted b/c I suck at keeping in touch with email.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home